The below Trimester tests use Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) methods, which test for fetal genetic conditions during pregnancy.
Completed through a blood sample taken from the mother, the free circulating fetal DNA in the mothers’ blood is analysed by a laboratory.
We are fortunate to work with leading innovative partners to process tests within UK Laboratories*.
Just a blood sample (8-10 ml) from the pregnant woman.
Safe for the mother and the fetus. Reduces the risk of abortion related to traditional invasive prenatal diagnosis techniques, such as amniocentesis and Chorionic villus sampling (CVS).
Our courier collection service provides additional security and ensures each sample is received promptly.
WHO CAN TAKE THE TESTS
Trimester NIPT are available for any pregnant mother.
REASONS A NIPT TEST MAY BE RECOMMENDED:
• Maternal age above 35 years old
• Advanced paternal age of above 40 years old
• Positive results on maternal serum screening
• Abnormal ultrasound finding(s)
• Prior pregnancy with aneuploidy
• Parental genetic translocation
• Parents wishing to screen before deciding on an invasive diagnostic procedure
• Anxious parents
TRIMESTER NIPT TESTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR:
• All singleton pregnancies
• All twin pregnancies*
• Assisted twin pregnancies (donor, or non-donor)
• In vitro fertilisation (IVF, ICSI) pregnancies
* In twin pregnancies only: the chromosomal conditions associated with X and Y chromosomes cannot be screened, and gender determination may not be possible.